Vice President, Foundation
Are you motivated by the opportunity to build a fundraising program that empowers individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families to fully participate in their communities? If so, we encourage you to apply.
The Geneva Centre for Autism Foundation (GCAF) is a fundraising arm of the Geneva Centre for Autism (GCA) charged with raising funds in support of GCA. GCAF’s purpose is to enable opportunities for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder to live, learn and engage in their communities by raising funds and supporting programming, education, and training initiatives offered through the GCA.
GCAF is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated fundraising professional who excels at finding and creating new opportunities for engagement, innovation, and growth. You will have outstanding interpersonal, communication, writing, and public speaking skills. You will be self-motivated, work well under pressure and be able to handle several projects at one time. You will have good judgment and, ideally, a sense of humour.
In this new and exciting opportunity, the VP, Foundation has an important role to play in the community and within the GCA. You will create and oversee the implementation of a new diversified, integrated and collaborative fundraising strategy in alignment with the GCA strategic framework, which will include annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, corporate donations, special events, grants, and in-kind gifts.
You will work collaboratively with the board, volunteers, GCA, and GCAF teams at all levels to deliver exceptional cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and partners and to understand the needs of the GCA. You will model the best practices by actively leading a portfolio of key major and corporate donors, by building long-lasting and productive relationships.
What you bring to the role
- A minimum 7 to 10 years of senior experience in major gift fundraising, with a proven track record soliciting and closing gifts of $25,000 plus OR equivalent business development experience
- Clear understanding of how to build, implement and lead a robust fund development program from the ground up
- Experience in pipeline development, prospect review and qualification, proposal development, report writing, successful cultivation and solicitation
- An entrepreneurial approach to fundraising, finding and creating new opportunities, and strong financial acumen to assess the impact of these activities. A visionary and a driver/rainmaker who creates opportunities for significant gifts.
- Strong independent leader with the ability to work well in a team, manage and mentor staff
- Understanding of sector trends in corporate social responsibility/community investment and sponsorship
- Board governance experience
- Ability to align corporate/donor interest with approved funding priorities/case for support to inspire giving and long-term engagement
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, writing, and public speaking skills; a passionate storyteller
- Strong relationship builder -- good interpersonal skills and the well-honed ability to interact meaningfully with senior leaders
- Commitment to Geneva Centre for Autism Foundation ’s mission, vision and values
- A Bachelor’s degree minimum, or higher
- CFRE designation or related professional certification
- Experience fundraising in a social services organization
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Enhanced Police Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel to visit donors (depending on the pandemic)
What GCAF offers in return
- Competitive salary range of $130,000 - $140,000
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP contributions
- Flexible/Remote work arrangements
- Generous vacation entitlements
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment. Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require an accommodation, Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
This search is being conducted on behalf of the Geneva Centre for Autism Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting fundraising leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this information – we would be pleased to connect with them.
By June 6, 2022, apply online at http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/
Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
Issues with applying? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the position? Contact Gina Eisler at email@example.com or 647.529.5106 / 1.866.647.5149.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online in confidence.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.